Writing and Ruminating

Thoughts on writing, reading, and poetry. With the occasional diversion, bien sûr.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Daniel Radcliffe on success (and fear that it won't last)

In yesterday's post, I mentioned Daniel Radcliffe's interview in PARADE Magazine. The wise Mr. Radcliffe had this to say as well, on a slightly different (fear-related) topic:

You've had enormous success for someone so young. Do you fear that it won't last?

Yes. But it's reality, not fear. It will happen, and I have accepted that. In a way it's a great relief that I will never, ever do a film as successful as the Harry Potter series. But neither will anybody else. [laughs] Or it will take them a long time.

If this success lasts longer, great. If it doesn't, so be it. I've had enough fame to last a lifetime. As long as I'm happy with the work I'm doing, I don't mind. The thing I've realized this year is that all that matters at the end of the day is that I'm happy with my life and the people around me, the people I love. That, ultimately, is all I care about.

Kiva - loans that change lives

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home