Writing and Ruminating

Thoughts on writing, reading, and poetry. With the occasional diversion, bien sûr.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's a bit early here in the eastern U.S., but I'm sure it's not too soon for some of you in other parts of the world.

It's been an interesting year - and in some ways, I mean "interesting" in the sense of that ancient Chinese blessing/curse: "May you live in interesting times."

Lots of ends, lots of new beginnings.

We lost our two oldest pets - Mojo the cat in the spring and Katie the dog in July. In August, I found a wee calico kitten named Kismet who is a joy and a terror and entirely perfect for us. My older daughter, S, graduated from high school, then started college at the College of Charleston, a good 11 hours away from home. My younger daughter, M, is now a junior in high school with an after-school job, and, as of about two weeks ago, a licensed driver.

My 9-year second marriage came to an end. A run of good health also came to an end, but as it turns out in both cases, things are improving, the health a bit more slowly than I'd like, but still - it's all good. In fact, despite the ends, it's the beginnings that have me saying it's been a Very Good Year.

Here's wishing you and yours a very good new year - I hope you find peace, prosperity, and love.


Kiva - loans that change lives

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Rick Wei said...

Hi, my name is Rick and I am a phD student in Taiwan, I major in English literature. I just wandered off the internet this afternoon and found this blog, which I found very interesting. Your self introduction says you're working on a project of Austen? I am myslef a Big Austen fan! I wrote my MA thesis on Austen and I am planning to write another for my doctorial dissertation! Well, I am very happy to find someonw who adores the same author. Just want to say this, and I hope I am not causing trouble~

3:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home