Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Boxing Day!

I hope you have all been enjoying your holidays. I've been enjoying lighting candles each night for Chanukah, and the tree looks quite pretty (with occasional un-decorating by Kismet, who finds the origami giraffe to be really fun to play with - any breakables are too high for her to reach, and there's no garland and certainly no tinsel on the tree, tinsel being deadly for kitties).

Last night I spent a "traditional" Jewish Christmas, which means that I went out for Chinese food for dinner. (The kids spent the day with their dad, doing the Christmas dinner thing last night.) Tonight I'm serving brisket and latkes - must make applesauce this afternoon! - for Chanukah dinner.

And over the next few days, I'll undoubtedly ponder things like What Happened This Year and What I'd Like To Happen Next Year and such.

Meanwhile, if you're in the mood to celebrate Festivus, you can participate in the Annual Airing of Grievances over at Mother Reader.


Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: