You guys! Even though I am sick as a dog (whatever that means), I have managed to finish my first draft of Chapter 18. Which means that I am now on Chapter 19. Technically. I mean, I opened a new Scrivener file for the chapter and typed "CHAPTER NINETEEN" at the top of the page, so it means the chapter is underway, right?
I. Am. Excited! Let me count the ways:
1. I am within five chapters of "The End", since the outline goes to Chapter 23. (Immediate renumbering based on my own weird refusal to change the outline until the first draft is done will come in at Chapter 26, and splitting some of the way-too-long chapters will mean still more chapters exist, but I am pretending I can't hear that!)
2. The manuscript is currently just over 51,000 words. That is more than double the length of the longest thing I've written before now.
3. I am still in love with my characters - and becoming even more so as the book nears its conclusion.
4. The shit is about to hit the fan, y'all, and I CAN'T WAIT! *rubs hands in glee*
5. I might just have another song - or even two - to write. And I find I really enjoy writing songs. Songs that make people cry, even.
Tell me how your own writing or art is going.