Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tea with lemon and honey

It is delicious, which is a good thing, since I've been drinking buckets of it (almost literally) over the past few days to try to help my throat.

Although M rolled her eyes at me about it in that loud way that teens have, there are actual medicinal properties to the tea, honey and lemon, and they work well together to help your immune system and to soothe and heal the throat. And at the very least, they do no harm. In my case, it seems to be working!

I am back to being hoarse, rather than completely voiceless, and I am continuing to rest my voice as much as possible - not hard to do today when the kids are with their dad and I'm spending the day alone - but I rather expect it to prove a bit more of a challenge tonight, when I pick M up and take her to the Mat Kearney/Owl City concert in Philly.

Still, it'd be nice to have some sort of voice when I go to the tai chi club picnic tomorrow afternoon, so I will try to be monastically silent amid the crowd tonight, in hopes that it works out.

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: