Thursday, June 02, 2011

Listy list

1. My yoga pants are too big. They were snug when purchased about seven weeks ago. They have not stretched out.

2. I am now a card-carrying member of the Romance Writers of America. Okay, so I don't actually have a card, but I got the emails confirming that I'm now a member. To quote Steve Martin's character in The Jerk, "Things are going to start happening to me now!"

3. I have talented writer friends. I recently finished reading and critiquing a fantasy manuscript for one friend that has a really cool creature/being in it - no, it is not a sparkly vampire. Nor is it a werewolf or zombie. It's unique and cool and awesome. And I'm up late because I just finished reading and commenting on a contemporary middle grade ms for another friend and holy shit, Batman, but it is gorgeous. And I have two more manuscripts around here to get through, and I know for a fact that they are going to knock my socks off as well. Thank goodness it's sandal weather.

4. Tonight is S's senior prom. Two weeks from now she will have graduated high school. Just over two months from now she'll be leaving for the College of Charleston. "And the seasons, they go 'round and 'round and the painted ponies go up and down . . . "


Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: