Friday, April 29, 2011

Trip notes

What a fun trip it's been so far!

Traffic behaved, meaning we didn't get into a single traffic jam, not even around NYC.

While tooling up the Saw Mill Parkway at around 10:30, I got a phone call from , who invited Angela and I to stop for tea, since we were quite literally driving past her house on our way to Kent, so of course we stopped, and let me tell you: Terri-Lynne DeFino has a lovely home and knows how to make a damn good pot of tea. I'm still thrilled to have met Teri in person, since we've been blog friends for quite a while now!

After a coze with Teri, Angela and I drove up into Kent, where we met Amanda Marrone for lunch and some shopping. I scored some candy at Belgique to send to my mommy for Mother's Day (only a week away! - don't worry, she doesn't read my blog so it's not like I spoiled her surprise just now, as long as you don't call her up and rat me out), and Angela bought a few items at a store that specialized in stuff from various countries in Asia, and then it was time to check in at The Spirit Horse Farm. Julie Berry was already here, and gave us the tour of the premises, which are every bit as awesome as they seem from the information you can find on the web, only in a much muchier sort of way. The chickens are fancy (possibly Cochins), there are miniature Highland cows (their picture ought to be in the dictionary under the word "adorable"), an outdoor enclosure containing peacocks and a small indoor aviary with finches in it in the living space and live plants and flowers throughout and it's quite simply fabulous.

As is the company I'm keeping, I must say.

And now, back to my novel. I'm reading chapters 12 through where I left off in chapter 16 in hopes it'll help me sling myself forward. Wish me luck.

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: