Saturday, April 30, 2011

On the porch

I spent much of the morning on the back porch, sitting in a small patch of sunlight with a Martin guitar on my lap and working out the start of a new song.

But Kelly, you say, aren't you on a writing retreat? Shouldn't you be, you know, working on your novel or something?

Well, yes, and yes. However, the new song is directly related to my work in progress, since the main character's love interest is in a band, and it's time for him to write a new song.

I refuse to do this by half measures, so I'm writing actual songs (complete with chords and melodies), and today's project is the third song attributed to the budding rock star in my novel.

And now, it's time to head back out to the porch, guitar in hand, and work out the rest of the verse. The roosters seem to think it's something to crow about, but the horses in the back pasture don't seem to think about it at all.

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: