Writing and Ruminating

Thoughts on writing, reading, and poetry. With the occasional diversion, bien sûr.

Friday, April 01, 2011

Notes from my poetry reading

In list form, made in no particular order:

1. I'm glad I got there on the early side, since it ended up being SRO.

2. Assam tea - yum!

3. Two teen boys were intently playing computer games on their laptops when I arrived. They were still playing when I left. In between, they almost never paused or looked up. Until someone read a poem about breasts. Turns out that might be the real Final Fantasy.

4. I really liked the second poem I read. It is not the one that made it in the journal. Funny how that goes.

5. I got to hear some pretty terrific poems tonight. That happens every time I attend a reading. This country is thick with talented writers, whether they're widely published or not.

Kiva - loans that change lives

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home