1. A writing retreat in Connecticut this weekend with Angela De Groot (
2. A trip to the Free Library in Philadelphia on Monday with intrepid friend Lisa to see/hear director, screenwriter & author John Sayles.
3. The Airborne Toxic Event in concert at the Trocadero in Philly on May 7th.
4. My now-annual writing retreat in New Hampshire with Angela De Groot and Jenn Hubbard (
5. The NESCBWI Conference in Fitchburg, Massachusetts from May 13th-15th. I'm not on faculty this year, so perhaps I'll have time to visit the waterpark. (Kidding about the waterpark. I mean, it exists, but I won't be visiting it.)
6. I am featured reader at a poetry reading in Marlton, New Jersey on May 16th at the Barnes & Noble located on Route 70 (near the intersection of Routes 70 and 73). YOU ARE ALL INVITED! I'll be test-driving some new stuff and reading for about half an hour. There will be an open afterwards, if any of you have poems of your own to share.
7. BEA in NYC! My wonderful publisher, Tiger Tales Books, provided me with a pass, so I'll be attending BEA for the first time ever - I'm still working out the timing/details. It seems that Tuesday and/or Wednesday is most likely for my trip. Not sure that I'll stay over, but then again, I might. *ponders*
Oh - and somewhere in there, I get to reveal the cover of my first-ever picture book, At the Boardwalk, due out from Tiger Tales next March! *spins with arms out and head tilted back* *falls down flat* *gets up and finishes post*