Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Omigod!

I mean it. It's hours later and I remain gobsmacked.

My lovely editor at Tiger Tales Books sent me an email today with the final art for my first-ever picture book, AT THE BOARDWALK, and it is jawdroppingly, goosebumpingly gorgeous. It is to die for. I quite literally got chills while looking through it, and then I had the disconcerting experience of reading the book with all the pictures and wondering if I actually wrote those lines, because surely not?

Only I did.

Holy sh!t, batman, this book is gonna be gorgeous.

I may be the luckiest picture book author I know to have the exquisitely talented Mónica Armiño as my illustrator. And I know some people who have been pretty damn lucky with their illustrators. (Liz Garton Scanlon, I'm looking at you!)

Sadly, you're just going to have to take my word on it for now. Meanwhile, you can check out some of Mónica's work online. (There are two separate links there. The boys on the boardwalk that you can see if you follow that second link are not from At the Boardwalk, by the way.)


Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: