Friday, March 04, 2011

Five Things on a Friday

1. I am not a member of the YA Mafia. That I know of. Not that I would say if I were - after all, the rules for the YA Mafia are probably like the rules for Fight Club, and we all know what the first rule is. Also, I remain surprised at how large tea-cup sized tempests can become.

2. My LJ friends are costing me money. Not that I'm complaining, exactly, but a trip to the bookstore today resulted in my purchase of Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt, The Vespertine by Saundra Mitchell and Noodle and Lou by Liz Garton Scanlon. Plus I bought Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins for M, since she so loved Hex Hall. *idly wonders if Rachel has a blog - will check it later*

3. Tonight! I am going to see the swan! No, not Natalie Portman, but Swan Lake. Angela De Groot and I are heading into Philly to see the Pennsylvania Ballet production. It's one of Angela's favorite ballets (she's seen it several times) and one I've always wanted to see (I've not seen it yet, ever). I'm very much looking forward to it! (Hence all the exclamation points.)

4. There are quite a number of movies out today that I want to see - specifically, Beastly, Rango, and The Adjustment Bureau. Why did they all open on the same day after weeks of movies I couldn't care less about?

5. I just bought the DeVotchKa CD, 100 Lovers, in large part because it contains fun accordion parts. I am a sucker for the accordion, as it turns out, which explains why I bought the single "Stereo Love" by Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina a few weeks back. Of course, it helped that my local B&N was blaring DeVotchKa in between tracks by Fitz & the Tantrums (and we already know I like my FATT).


Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: