Writing and Ruminating

Thoughts on writing, reading, and poetry. With the occasional diversion, bien sûr.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

An evening with my doctor

Continuing with my "what I did today" theme . . .

Some of you know that I have rheumatoid arthritis; I am an extra-lucky (?) girl in that it came with a side order of fibromyalgia, which is (quite literally) a pain in the neck. And upper back. And various and sundry other places. Not all the time, mind, but sometimes. Mostly I just grit my teeth and keep on rolling in a mind-over-matter sort of way, because nobody likes a whiner. (I know I don't, anyhow - I should note that this doesn't mean that complaints aren't allowed; it's chronic, persistent complaints that grow tedious. But I digress.)

Turns out my rheumatologist came up with a Plan for the patients in his practice with fibromyalgia, and I got invited, and now I have gone and signed on for a 12-week Thing that will involve me taking yoga and tai chi (I have always wanted to do that!) and going to educational meetings and such. It is my (early) birthday present to me, and I am pleased to be doing it. Here's hoping it proves more successful than last year's attempt at fencing.


Kiva - loans that change lives

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home