Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A word of thanks

I really feel like I ought to publicly thank the following recording artists for their help as I work on my work in progress (a contemporary YA romance, about which I'm saying little else in a worldwide public forum). I have been enjoying my project so much that I can't wait to start it or get back to it most of the time. I've dreamt about my characters once (new for me - shhh, don't tell the gnomes I never dreamt about them), planned a couple of field trips for slightly more moderate weather, and composed one song so far. (With a second song in progress - I will say that the guy is in a band, and when he writes new songs, I actually sit down and write music & lyrics, because . . . I don't know why, really. It just seemed like the right thing to do. But I digress.)

And, of course, I made a playlist. There's one overly long playlist with in excess of 70 songs on it, but I don't listen to all or even most of them - they're there as possibilities when I reach certain scenes.

Here are the ones that have been getting lots of play in the first 9 chapters. And yes, I realize there are several repeat artists here - they excel at writing happy love songs. They're in no real order:

"Today Was a Fairy Tale" by Taylor Swift
"Let Me Take You There" by Plain White T's
"Enchanted" by Taylor Swift
"Can You Tell" by Ra Ra Riot
"Mine" by Taylor Swift
"The Rhythm of Love" by Plain White T's
"Love Story" by Taylor Swift
"You and Me" by Dave Matthews Band
"If My Heart Was a House" by Owl City
"You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift
"Swing Life Away" by Rise Against
"If the Moon Fell Down Tonight" by Chase Coy and Colbie Caillat
"Sparks Fly" by Taylor Swift
"1,2,3,4" by Plain White T's
"You and I" by Secondhand Serenade

Um, yeah. It's really heavy on Taylor Swift and Plain White T's. And it's not like I listen to music 100% of the time when I'm writing. Often I listen to it before writing a scene, or when stuck in the middle. Also, these aren't the only songs I listen to for this project. But these are the ones with the most play.


Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: