Saturday, December 04, 2010

What I'm up to

Dear friends,

I've been a bit distracted lately. Allow me to tell you what I'm up to, with linkage where appropriate.

1. I've been writing.
Specifically, I've been working on a YA novel. At about 16,000 words (through chapter 7), it's already the longest thing I've ever written. It's terribly exciting, and it is like a shiny new toy, calling to me at all times. So much so that I made a to-do list today, which includes this post, to be sure that I did other stuff before commencing with chapter 8.

2. I've been interviewing folks. You see, next week is The Winter Blog Blast Tour, and I have THREE phenomenal interviews to share with you. Since Colleen Mondor has already posted the full listing for the week, I won't toy with you. My interviews are:

a. Monday, December 6, 2010: L.K. Madigan, award-winning author of Flash Burnout. Her recent fantasy release, The Mermaid Mirror, is in stores now!

b. Wednesday, December 8, 2010: New York Times best-selling author Sarah MacLean, author of the YA romance, The Season and the adult romances Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake and Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord, as well as the forthcoming Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart.

c. Friday, December 10, 2010: Acclaimed poet Marilyn Singer, author of more than 80 books and inventor of a new poetic form called the reverso, featured in Mirror, Mirror: A Book of Reversible Verse, illustrated by Josée Masse, a must-have poetry collection (in my opinion).

3. I've been engaging in a conversation about steampunk and alt-reality with my lovely friends, Jaclyn Dolamore, Lisa Mantchev and Tiffany Trent, whose names go in the same alphabetical order whether you use first or last names to do it (which isn't often the case - I'm just saying). You see, just after the WBBT comes Alt-History/Steampunk Celebration Week. I hope those of you who like to write and/or read steampunk and alternate history spec fic will consider contributing to that week's conversation as well. Hell, if you're one of those folks with an awesome steampunk outfit or gizmo, I hope you'll post pictures!

Follow these-here links to (a) find out more about Alt History/Steampunk Celebration Week or (b) enter the cover design contest over at Leila's Bookshelves of Doom.


Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: