Monday, December 20, 2010

Time for tea

This morning I made banana chocolate chip bread (overripe bananas had to be used or tossed, and I prefer to use them up) and bourbon balls (just like rum balls, only with bourbon). And it occurred to me that some of you might want the recipe for those bourbon balls, which are a no-bake cookie and are exceedingly easy to make.

Bourbon (or Rum) Balls

2 c. vanilla wafer crumbs
2 T. cocoa powder
1-1/2 c. confectioner's (10X) sugar, separated
1 c. pecans, chopped fine
2 T. light corn syrup
1/4 c. bourbon or rum

In a mixing bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, cocoa powder, 1 cup of confectioner's sugar and pecans. Add corny syrup and liquor to the mixture and stir until all is moistened. Put remaining 1/2 cup of powdered sugar in a small dish. Using your hands, roll the dough into balls, then roll them in the confectioner's sugar. Store them in a closed metal tin for at least 12 hours before serving.

How many it makes will depend on how big you roll them - I think I got about 2-1/2 dozen out of what I made today.

NOM!

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: