Monday, December 27, 2010

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

First, let me credit Pinky & the Brain for the AYPWIP question. Man, I loved that show. And Pinky's ridiculous answers to that question. (E.g., "Uh, I think so Brain, but burlap chafes me so.") But already I digress.

Second, I am guessing that at least some of you are pondering the sort of thing I'm pondering, which is one of those end-of-year, taking-stock-of-things sorts of posts. It occurs to me to use this somewhat fallow week to actually find a few still points and engage in a bit of reflection and planning. It's been a long while since I've done either of those things - I've been in full-on head-down-keep-charging mode for a while now when it comes to many things, and while that has a tendency to get things done (finished the Jane project, wrote the Shakespeare poems, revised the body poems collection, sent queries to agents, started a new WIP) it is not always advisable to stay in that mode for lengthy periods of time because if you start running in an ill-thought-out direction, you can find yourself far, far from civilization without any real clue how to find your way back. Or something. (Pick your own analogy if that one didn't work.)

I look forward to finding out what your accomplishments for 2010 and plans for 2011 are (besides the almost-upon-us reading of Pride and Prejudice, that is). And I am planning now to find quiet time tonight or tomorrow to start rounding up my own thoughts on the subject(s).

P.S. - Man, did I use a lot of hyphenated phrases in this post or what?


Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: