Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quoteskimming

A short post this week. I loved this quote from Rainer Maria Rilke, which I found over at Tiffany Trent's blog:

Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love.
Since I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows the other night, I got to thinking of one of my favorite quotes from the book by J.K. Rowling , attributed to Albus Dumbledore (which is from the latter portion of the book and therefore not in the current movie). I think it's a lovely thought for everyone, but especially for those of us who write fiction:

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?
Finally, a quote from Howard Thurman, which I am nearly certain I saw in a blog, but I don't recall whose:

Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: