Friday, November 26, 2010

If music be the food of love . . .

Ordinarily when I'm writing, the predominant noise involved is the tick-ticking of my keyboard. (I can type very quickly indeed when I have some idea what it is I want to say.)

However, as of last night, part of the sound of my writing involved guitar chords and singing. That's right, I'm writing a song. Written from the perspective of the male lead in my YA novel. And no, I'm not saying much more about it just yet, but I figured out that I need to write probably three or four songs for this guy - in part because I may end up quoting some of his lyrics in the book. Then again, maybe not.

Meanwhile, it seems I'll be (re)developing callouses on my left fingertips over the next week or so. Fortunately, they don't take all that long to turn up. I'm not looking forward to the peeling that I know is coming, however.

And now I return you to whatever it is you were doing, while I head back to the second verse of this particular song (and Chapter Six of the novel).

Edited to add: SUCCESS! I finished the second AND third verses, which have a musical bridge in between them as well. And I am a wee bit in love with my creation.


Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: