Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spirit Day

Like so many writers, I work at home. And like a lot of people, I sometimes fall out of touch with the world, which is how the observance of Spirit Day eluded me until just the last hour or so. I stand as an ally with LGBTQ people everywhere, whatever their age. I am thinking especially of the following young men who took themselves out of the game because they didn't realize things would get better: Tyler Clementi, Asher Brown, Seth Walsh, Justin Aaberg, Raymond Chase, Billy Lucas and all the other children we've lost whose names we may not know.



LGBTQ youth in need of immediate help should contact The Trevor Project's 24/7 Lifeline at 866-4-U-TREVOR (866-488-7386) or The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). Please know that you are not alone. And that things will get better.

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: