Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Wally's report card for Wednesday

Yesterday, the longest I got Wally to stand and stay up was about 40 seconds.

What a difference a day makes!

Today's sessions, here for those of you who are curious, and for me to keep track:

~8 a.m. Wally stood for hubby twice: once for about 30 seconds, once for about 40

~11 a.m. Wally stood for me once, for a total of more than 2-1/2 minutes. I interrupted my count for a lot of "amazings!" and "good boys", and still hit 2 minutes, 32 seconds. My guess is it was closer to 2 min., 40 seconds.

~1 p.m. Wally stood for me once, for 1 min., 20 seconds.

~2:30 p.m. Wally stood for me once, for 2 min., 5 seconds.

~5 p.m. Wally stood for me once, for over 4 minutes. I kinda lost track of counting around 3 minutes, because S came home from soccer, and he decided to try to walk towards her. It went something like this:

WALLY: moves front legs forward
KELLY: moves & replants one back leg, then the other
WALLY: moves front legs forward
KELLY: moves & replants one back leg, then the other, fixes footing
(Repeat at least six more times - we travelled a total of about 6 feet this way, between saying hi to S and him getting bored being in one place (or me having put his hind legs a bit too far forward in error)

Anyhoo - I can't say exactly how long his standing time was, but it was definitely more than 4.

*Kelly does victory lap of room, pumping arms and chanting U-S-A! U-S-A! As one does*

He's still incontinent, but I have been "helping" him empty his bladder through the clever use of abdominal pressure, and it has reduced some of the indoor spillage. A little.

We see the veterinary neurologist at 10:30 tomorrow. Dr. Speciale called this morning just to touch base and check up on Wally, but that was before his crazy standing times commenced. He will be surprised tomorrow!

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: