Friday, September 10, 2010

Five Things on a Friday

1. Wally continues to improve, and the vet was pleased with his progress. He'll get his own post in a wee bit, since there are so very many of you who have been wonderfully supportive about his recovery and I know some of you are curious how he's progressing.

2. Tonight, I am going to see The Airborne Toxic Event in concert with M and my friend Lisa. I am certain we will be home "Sometime Around Midnight". But seriously, I am stoked about this concert. Yeah. Stoked. I said it. I hope this does not mean I am too old to be excited about seeing The Airborne Toxic Event.

3. The kids started school on Tuesday. *insert dance of joy here* Of course, they only went to school for two days, because of the Jewish holidays, so no school yesterday or today. Yesterday, M and I went to the King of Prussia mall, where she found Levi's that actually fit her. *insert a second dance of joy here*

4. S is in Arizona with her friend A. They are driving (almost) the entire state to look at colleges - yesterday, they visited ASU, which S dubbed "a bit too impersonal", after which they drove up to Flagstaff, Today, they are touring Northern Arizona University, and will return to my folks' house (in the foothills east of Phoenix) tonight. Tomorrow, on to Tucson and the University of Arizona. On Sunday, they will rest (and likely swim and sun and maybe study), then come home on a red-eye. So they can go to school on Monday and not miss any mandatory soccer practices. It is a miracle of scheduling all the way around (cheap flights, no missed school or soccer, and all three schools had tours available for them).

5. I am very nearly done with the Shakespeare poems - as in, all but one poem is written, and all but three of the ones that are written have been revised. About which I say "hubba - WHA??" as well as "hooray!" Boy do I love this project. Boy do I wish I could tell you more about it. But I can't. Yet. Someday. When I sell it. I'd love to be able to say "someday soon when I sell it", but that's not a promise I can guarantee being able to deliver on.

A belated L'Shana Tovah to all of you who are celebrating Rosh Hashanah! (I was so turned about this year with my in-laws away and the dog being ill that we barely managed apples and honey. Sigh.)

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: