Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tea and biscotti

I seriously have almost nothing for you today. *rummages around in bin of possible blog topics*

Let's see - I could tell you how very much I love Biffy Clyro's song, "Many of Horror", which is somewhere on the Charlie St. Cloud soundtrack. Not that it's easy to find that information because they haven't actually released a soundtrack, or even a list of songs on it (although you can buy the score), but I have squirreled around teh interwebs and found out eight of the songs used in either the film or the trailers - and I happen to love all of them. Good job, Ms/Mr Music-Picker, say I, while shaking my fist at whoever made it so hard to find out. (I'll put the list in the comments, in case anyone else is interested, but man, I love every single song. Weird, but true. I especially love "When We Were Dreaming" by the Pink Mountaintops and the Biffy Clyro song, both of which are strangely violent romantic songs.)

OR I could talk about how delicious my biscotti are. I baked them the other day, and they include slivered almonds, chocolate chips and dried cherries. NOM!

OR I could tell you about my time at Borders today, which featured a man snoring VERY LOUDLY (true fact: everyone stared and laughed and whatnot for a good 5-10 minutes, until the cafe manager decided to interrupt the man's noisy nap as a courtesy to the entire cafe and surrounding area). While working there, I crossed bunches of things off my list, including the last of the revisions to a collection of poems for middle graders that I wrote last Christmas time, the completion of one proposal for next year's NESCBWI conference, the drafting of a bio for this year's CYBILS awards site, and updating my writer's resume to include new publication details, some of which I haven't yet told you about. But I will. Soon. And I wrote up writerly goals for the next week. So much to do, so much to do.

But first, I am enjoying my tea and biscotti, whilst listening to "Many of Horror".

Kiva - loans that change lives

1 comment:

Kelly Fineman said...

Charlie St. Cloud songs
In alphabetical order by title:

Airplanes by B.o.B. featuring Hayley Williams
Feint by No Second Troy
Magic Show by Electric Owls
Many of Horror by Biffy Clyro
Pull My Heart Away by Jack Peñate
Run by Snow Patrol
So Far Around the Bend by The National
While We Were Dreaming by Pink Mountaintops

And by the by, I really enjoyed the movie Charlie St. Cloud, and not just because Zac Efron is really, really pretty in it.