Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Measure for Measure part 1

I'm totally cheating today. I'm going to give you a full summary of Measure for Measure tomorrow, but today, I give you two scenes involving a novice nun named Isabella (pretty and clever and sister to a man condemned to die) and Angelo - proof that "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely" (as my high school history teacher used to say - turns out the phrase was coined by Lord Acton - but I digress).

First up, a scene performed by Tessa Gratton and her monkey friend Tom. Using unicorn and dragon figures. Tess explains the set-up quite well in her post, complete with the actual text of the soliloquy that closes the scene. Here is Tess's selection from Act II, scene 2:





And here is Tessa's bonus treat, which she emailed me last week - it involves David Tennant as Angelo in quite a physical role in the subsequent meeting between Angelo and Isabella that occurs in Act II, scene 4:





Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: