Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Brush Up Your Shakespeare Month coming in June

The following plays are definites this year: Measure for Measure, A Comedy of Errors, The Tempest, Julius Caesar, The Taming of the Shrew and The Winter's Tale (Exit, pursued by a bear!). I'll be doing at least ten plays and will therefore be selecting at least four more to fill our list out - maybe a second look at plays discussed last year, or maybe some more "new" plays.

In addition, I hope to talk about Venus and Adonis this year, a rather long poem by Shakespeare that gave rise to a form now called "Venus and Adonis stanza". And I have a few books about Shakespeare to mention, as well as a potpourri of other information.

I hope to put together a schedule of sorts in the next few weeks, so if anyone has a specific request to make, I'd be happy to entertain it as of now (something that may not still hold true later this month).

Kiva - loans that change lives

No comments: