Friday, April 27, 2007

How to Get Suspended and Influence People -- a teaser

This is the way National Poetry Month ends, not with a whimper, but with an excellent interview of Adam Selzer, author of How to Get Suspended and Influence People, a book so funny that I laughed aloud (and, I might add, in public) many times while reading it. I'd already read a review of it over at The Edge of the Forest, so I expected it to be funny (and good). And it was both. And I'd also read Brian Farrey's Open Letter to Adam Selzer, so I knew better than to put food or beverages in my mouth while reading it. And thank heavens I heeded the warnings!

Why do I say it's a National Poetry Month event? Well, you'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime, brace yourselves folks. Because come Monday, I'm posting the interview I just did with Mr. Selzer. And tomorrow, I'm posting a book review. But for now, I'm just posting this here teaser.

Nyah nyah.

No comments: