Friday, March 09, 2007

If I Had a Camera . . .

Actually, the title should read "If I had a DIGITAL camera," but I liked it the other way because in my head, it's sung to the tune of "If I had a hammer." But most of you already knew that, right?

Anyhoo -- if I had a digital camera, then right


HERE

would be a photo of me and Adam Rex at Head House Books from earlier this evening, where he was reading from Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich and The Tree-Ring Circus, and drawing pictures of pigs with pans on their heads, and signing stuff. But he did give me a poster that looks like this:




And then, right

HERE

would be a photo of me and Catherine Gilbert Murdock, author of the most excellent Dairy Queen. Who flashed me a copy of the ARC of her new book, The Off Season, the sequel to Dairy Queen. It doesn't have a tiara-wearing cow on the cover (bummer!), but it does promise to be excellent. And it comes out in the merry merry month of May. Sadly, I only got to see the ARC, which she (understandably) gave to the owner of Head House Books. I didn't get to keep it. If you're going to ALA, keep an eye out of Catherine. She's tall and gorgeous and generous in spirit. And she can write, too.

Oh, and the cow in the tiara? Here 'tis:



But I only had a film camera with me, so those photos will have to wait for another day.

No comments: